Perhaps the largest disadvantage of hydroelectric energy is the impact it can have on the environment. Dams can damage or otherwise impact the environment both upstream and downstream through their construction process during the formation of the dam.
Which of the following is the largest disadvantage of hydropower quizlet?
Terms in this set (15)
Which of the following is the largest disadvantage of hydropower? Dams negatively impact the environment.
Which of the following is the least polluting nonrenewable energy source?
Natural gas releases the least pollution; coal releases the most.
Does natural gas release fewer toxins than coal?
The correct answer is releases fewer toxins than coal.
Does burning biomass release fewer toxins than coal?
Burning biomass releases fewer toxins than coal. Burning biomass releases fewer toxins than coal. This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful.
What are two sources of energy without any pollution?
The sun , wind and water are two sources of energy which are pollution free.
Which fuel source is most likely to decrease air quality?
Nuclear can go further than any other energy source to reduce air pollution-related health problems and deaths caused by burning fossil fuels.
What are the four major nonrenewable energy sources?
There are four major types of nonrenewable resources: oil, natural gas, coal, and nuclear energy.
Why natural gas is bad for the environment?
Burning and consumption:
In power plants, natural gas emits 50 to 60 percent less carbon dioxide (CO2) than regular oil or coal-fired power plants. It also emits greenhouse gases with a lower life cycle into the atmosphere. However, combustion also releases methane and lowers air quality.
What are the pros and cons for natural gas?
Natural Gas: Pros and Cons
- Widely used, contributes 21% of the world’s energy production today.
- Delivery infrastructure already exists.
- End use appliances already widespread.
- Used extensively for power generation as well as heat.
- Cleanest of all the fossil fuels.
- Burns quite efficiently.
- Emits 45% less CO2 than coal.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using natural gas?
Advantages of Natural Gas
- Natural gas is abundant and a major source of energy. …
- Infrastructure already in place. …
- Natural gas can be easily transported. …
- Natural gas produces less overall pollution. …
- Natural gas is a nonrenewable resource. …
- Storage. …
- Natural Gas Emits Carbon Dioxide. …
- Natural gas can be difficult to harness.