How do you load power on a prepaid meter?
How do I load the pre-payment meter with electricity? When you purchase electricity you will receive a slip, an SMS or an e-mail (depending on the method of purchase). This slip will include the meter number and a 20 digit token. Punch the 20 digit token number into the meter, followed by the enter button.
How do I load Eskom prepaid?
Once you have bought your electricity token, punch the token number into your CIU at home to load the electricity units into your meter. The CIU will show you on the window display how much electricity you have loaded. The CIU will also show you how much electricity you have left.
How do I load prepaid electricity in South Africa?
How to load prepaid electricity
- You should ensure you have an Eskom meter card;
- Purchase the voucher;
- Dial the voucher number into the customer interface unit;
- You will see that the Customer User Interface is accredited;
- You have got the power.
What happens when prepaid electricity runs out?
When meter balance reaches zero, the meter switches off the electricity that powers your house. Indeed, the prepaid electricity meter has a relay (an automatic switch) which disconnects the power when there is no units left. When you top up, the meter balance increases and the relays lets electricity flows again.
How can I get free prepaid electricity?
STEP 1: Dial *120*321# on your cellphone. STEP 2: Dial 1 to select Prepaid. STEP 3: Dial 3 to select Electricity. STEP 4: Dial 2 to select Claim Free Basic Electricity (FBE).
Can I buy prepaid electricity with airtime?
mHITs launches BuyPower South Africa – a new convenient way to purchase prepaid electricity using airtime. … This is the first service of its type in South Africa where mobile phone airtime is used directly to purchase and pay for prepaid electricity.
Can I buy electricity directly from Eskom?
Eskom has no immediate plans to sell electricity directly to all consumers and bypass municipalities completely.
Does prepaid electricity expire?
The tokens are generated by the municipalities and they do not allow any reversals. The customer takes responsibility for the purchase. Tokens also do not expire so if you’ve bought incorrectly for one of your own meters you can hold onto the token until it is needed.
What is the price of prepaid electricity per unit in South Africa?
Block 1: (0 – 600 kWh per calendar month) will now cost R183. 93 c per kWh plus VAT = 211.52 c/kWh. As explained earlier in this post, if you are a heavy user, and consume more than 600 KWh, then you move into block2. Block 2: Above 600 kWh per calendar month now costs 253.83 c/kWh plus VAT) = 291.90 c/kWh.
How can I recharge my Manipur prepaid electricity meter?
Simply relax and follow these straightforward steps:
- Go to MSPDCL Recharge & Bill Payment page on Paytm.
- Fill in your Manipur State Electricity (MSPDCL) consumer number.
- Click on Proceed.
- Enter the amount.
- Pick electricity bill payment promo codes of your choice and get Cashback & other offers.
How do I convert to prepaid electricity in Johannesburg?
Converting to a prepaid meter is a painless process that is free to City Power clients. The procedure for conversion is: Customers will receive a notice from City Power alerting them of the conversion. The customer must call City Power at the number on the City Power notice to arrange for the conversion.
How do I buy electricity with USSD code?
Just follow the steps below:
- Dial: *402*00009548*amount#
- Once you dial the code above, you will be prompted to enter your meter number.
- Follow the subsequent prompt[s] to complete payment. …
- Afterwards, an electricity token will be automatically sent to your phone number via SMS.
How do I buy prepaid electricity on Standard Bank app?
Mobile: How to buy prepaid electricity
- Unlock your mobile device and launch the Standard Bank mobile app.
- If this is your first time using the app, you will need to register for the service.
- Click the Sign In button and enter your app code. …
- Once you have signed in, click “Buy” in the bottom navigation area.
Can I recharge my prepaid meter Online?
How to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online in simple steps using nepa.ng. Get any internet-enabled device e.g mobile phone, laptop, desktop, etc. Select the electricity distribution company you are registered with (e.g. Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKDC) Prepaid.) Then enter your meter number.