How do I reconnect my gas supply?
To get reconnected you need to top up with credit, then activate your supply.
Remember to add enough credit to cover:
- any friendly non-disconnection energy you’ve used.
- any emergency credit you’ve used.
- any daily standing charges and debt repayments you’ve missed.
- your ongoing energy use.
How do you reset the gas meter after running out?
What do I do if my gas supply has gone off?
- Ensure that all gas appliances are switched off.
- Press button A on your gas meter to wake the screen.
- Press B on your gas meter.
- Press and hold A until you hear the supply come on.
How do I reconnect my British Gas smart meter?
Unplug your smart energy monitor. Move it closer to your electricity meter. Plug your smart energy monitor back in. Wait seven days (most smart energy monitors re-start automatically within a week)
How do I reconnect my electric smart meter?
Manually Reconnecting your 2nd Generation Smart Meter using your IHD
- Press the menu icon (it’s in the bottom right of your screen).
- Press TOP UP.
- Choose the fuel you want to reconnect. …
- Press OK.
- Enter the 20-digit code you’ve got via email or text (you’ll get separate codes for electricity and gas).
Why is my smart meter not working?
The smart meters are probably still working well. The IHD needs a good charge on its battery, or to be plugged in, also it needs to be quite close to the actual electricity meter. To reset it it turn it right off by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and then power it back on again, it should work.
Can I turn my gas back on myself?
Once the valve is turned off, do not turn it back on by yourself. It must be turned on by a gas company technician. The gas company will likely perform a pressure test on the system and relight all pilot lights in the house as part of turning the gas back on.
How do I reset my smart meter?
If your smart meter display is still not updating, try resetting it: Unplug your in-home smart meter display. Hold the power button on the back for five seconds. Leave your in-home display off for one minute,plug it back in and switch it back on. It usually takes about three hours.
What is the B button for on my gas meter?
This is your electricity reading. If your meter has an ‘A’ and ‘B’ button, press ‘A’ until you get to TOTAL ACT IMPORT. The number below this is your electricity reading.
What happens if I unplug my smart meter?
When it’s fully charged and unplugged, the internal battery will last about an hour and a half. If recharging the IHD doesn’t fix the problem, please get in touch. Your IHD isn’t your smart meter. So if the screen does stop working, you won’t go off supply, and you won’t lose your data.